Friday, October 06, 2006

Last Toon Practice!

Hello Hello Everybody!!!
I'm in a wonderful mood!
As the Title says, this is the last of my focused cartoon practices. I went page by page through the How to draw the looney Tunes book. It was brilliant and i learnt a lot. I felt i needed to learn cartoon drawing better because i come from a fine art background. I want to expand my technical skills in drawing and go onto "the next level". I want to draw fluid and confidently without being scared of making a mistake or not really knowing where my line is going to go.
Also, I'm exhausted of drawing Bugs and toons! I don't want to be influenced too much.
here goes...
























I know this drawing is wrong, but I crack up looking at it and so I want to share:



Some life drawing at Leicester Square. I know he was dressed and all, but whenever I draw real people, they always end up naked:

4 Comments:

At 2:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dez,
how's it going? long time no chat/exchange messages. I found u recently on myspace, so if you have time, please add me as a friend.
Take care,
Winnie

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

Your drawing has improved immeasurably since the bottom of the page.
Be careful using modern B Bunny drawings as references though - he's rarely drawn very nicely.
And yes - that was me screaming....

 
At 3:39 pm, Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

elliotcowanimation@yahoo.com
email me

 
At 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
Some of those Bugs' and Daffys look really nice, very modern, but none the less, really nice.
I thought you might like to see some Looney Tunes stuff I've done, I've been working on a study of Jones' "whats opera Doc"
I've been learning to draw them that way, studying them in motion, slowing down the DVD's, going frame by frame, its really neat to see how the animators chose to move them. Especially cause there are individual drawings which look horribly off model, however when in motion work perfectly.

kn8ian.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home